Visitors are always welcome to enjoy our courses all year round.
With a choice of links and parkland courses to play, including three James Braid classics and a historic Open qualifying venue, a number of Golf South Ayrshire courses are a certainty on any golfers must play list!
We often have special rates on offer, check out our news page or check out the online booking pages.
VISITORS ADVANCE BOOKINGS
Groups and Societies may book up to 12 months in advance. Casual Visitor bookings can be made up to 6 days in advance.
Golf South Ayrshire operates a Dynamic Pricing Policy. This means Green Fees will be set dependant on the demand and prices may go up as well as down.
We operate a relaxed dress code throughout our facilities; however we ask that all golfers were appropriate clothing for the sport/weather.
Football colours and the removal of t-shirts is not permitted at any time on the course or in a public area of the clubhouse.
Our clubhouse may be spike friendly, please check with the starter.
For your own safety, we recommend that appropriate golf shoes are worn whilst playing. Footwear should not damage the putting surface. Golf shoes are preferred although trainers are permitted.
Golf South Ayrshire promotes “Ready golf”.
Players should play when they are ready to do so, rather than adhering to “farthest from the hole plays first”. The term “ready golf” is a number of actions that separately and collectively can improve pace of play.
“Ready golf” in action is:
- Hitting a shot when safe to do so if a player farther away faces a challenging shot and is taking time to assess their options
- Shorter hitters playing first from the tee or fairway if longer hitters have to wait
- Hitting a tee shot if the person with the honour is delayed in being ready to play
- Hitting a shot before helping someone to look for a lost ball
- Putting out even if it means standing close to someone else’s line
- Hitting a shot if a person who has just played from a greenside bunker is still farthest from the hole but is delayed due to raking the bunker
- When a player’s ball has gone over the back of a green, any player closer to the hole but chipping from the front of the green should play while the other player is having to walk to their ball and assess their shot
- Marking scores upon immediate arrival at the next tee, except that the first player to tee off marks their card immediately after teeing off
Please respect your fellow golfer and the spirit of the game at all times.
To help keep the courses in the best possible condition please take time to;
- Replace and firmly tread down all divots.
- Repair all pitch marks.
- Always smooth out any prints or club marks left in the bunker using a rake or foot.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Tee times may be cancelled up to 48 Hours in advance, any cancellation or no-show inside of 48 Hours is subject to being charged the full amount. Any tee time booked inside of 48 Hours is guaranteed for the full amount at the time of booking and cannot be cancelled.
Customer service assistance is available via phone: (UK Freephone) 0808 178 0335 (International Freephone) 00800 780 88888
If you cannot play for medical reasons, a full refund will be given on receipt of a medical certificate from your doctor.
On occasion, it may be necessary for Golf South Ayrshire to close the course due to circumstances out with our control. In this instance, we will try and reschedule your tee time for another day. If this is not possible, we will offer an alternative GSA course, or vouchers will be provided to the value of the green fee paid so that you can enjoy our courses at a time convenient for you.
Please be ready at the first tee at least 5 minutes prior to your tee time.
Please tee off on your allocated tee time, not when the group in front is clear (this improves course flow and means a quicker round!)
If you wish to play at your own pace, please let faster groups play through. Remember – your place on the golf course is immediately behind the group in front and NOT immediately in front of the group behind.