Get Active and Stay Active for residents of South Ayrshire
What is it?
The Golf Concession Scheme entitles the holder to a discount of up to 35% on annual memberships for South Ayrshire Council’s Golf Service. Discounted leisure is for residents of South Ayrshire who meet the qualifying criteria.
Why not take advantage of this great offer, apply for your Golf Concession today to Get Active and Stay Active.
How Do I Apply?
Simply complete the application form available on this website including providing any supporting documentation. If you are unable to upload this documentation, you will be required to show a member of staff when you next visit one of the courses. Once confirmed, your membership will be activated and you will benefit from reduced prices immediately.
How Does It Work?
Once verified your discount will be immediately applied to the cost of your membership. Depending on your eligibility, you may be required to confirm your circumstances have not changed during the term of your membership. You will receive an email from a member of our team asking you to confirm this around half way through your membership term.
The Golf Concession Scheme can only be applied once the correct documentation has been supplied as proof of eligibility i.e. documentation to support your application under the correct category and proof of address within South Ayrshire.
Acceptable proof of address includes:
- A recent bank statement (within 3mths)
- A recent Gas/Electricity or other Utilities bill (within 3mths)
- A Valid Photographic driving licence
Is there a cost?
There is no cost to join the Golf Concession Scheme.
Category Types and Supporting Documentation
Depending on your eligibility, your discount will be applicable for either 6 or 12 months from the date of acceptance. Check the categories below to see which category is the most relevant for you and to determine what supporting evidence you need to provide when you apply for your membership:
Proof of permanent residency within South Ayrshire is required for all categories.Swipe for more
|Category||Discount||Qualifying Criteria||Renewal Period|
|Senior||10%||Evidence of South Ayrshire residency PLUS|
Receipt of State Pension
|Concession||35%||Evidence of South Ayrshire residency PLUS|
Work placed training programme (Apprenticeship through Skills Development Scotland),
Universal Credit including;
Working Tax Credit,
Income based Jobseekers Allowance
|Evidence of South Ayrshire residency PLUS|
Council Tax Reduction / Housing Benefit (excluding Single Person Occupancy and Student Discount)
Employment Support Allowance
Adult Disability Payment
Carers Allowance Supplement
War Disablement Pension
|Access+||FREE*||Under 18 on 1st April and whose parent, guardian or fulltime carer would qualify for a concession membership||6 months or Annual depending on Qualifying Criteria|
Terms and Conditions
- Only one application allowed per person and is non-transferable.
- All applications must be supported by appropriate documentation including proof of permanent residency in South Ayrshire. The Benefits Award Letter must be dated within the last 12 months.
- Children under the age of twelve (12) will not be permitted on the Golf Course unless accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Failure to provide proof of eligibility upon request will result in the discount being removed and the relevant charge applied for the full term of membership.
- The Golf Concession Scheme discount is valid for the term of membership applied for only. Subsequent renewals of membership will require the resubmission of supporting documentation.
- The full terms and conditions of membership apply.
For more information please ask a member of our team.