GOLF SOUTH AYRSHIRE PHASE 2 REOPENING
Scottish Golf, sportScotland and the Scottish Government have agreed a set of guidelines on what updates to the Phase 1 reopening guidelines can now be implemented.
From Friday 19th June, the following guidelines will now be enabled.
The following information covers all key areas: booking your round, arrival at the facility, on the course and after the round.
Our number one priority remains the safety and wellbeing of our community of golfers, clubs and staff. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the details in this document. Also be aware that Golf will be in the spotlight at this time and it is essential that we all follow the guidance and physically distance at all times.
We will not hesitate to close the courses if we cannot be certain that the risk to Public Health is minimised.
As guidance changes it may be necessary to update this document.
BOOKING YOUR ROUND
- Travel to the golf course must be in line with Scottish Government guidelines – local travel is noted as broadly 5 miles from home.
- If you are in the highest risk (shielding) group outlined by the Government, then you are now permitted to play with 1 other person from another household. Instructions on how to reserve the player 3 time is noted below.
- If you are displaying any symptoms of a cold or COVID-19, you are not permitted to access the facility, or course for a period of 14 days.
- Only Flexi-Members and their guests are permitted to play at this time.
- All rounds of golf must be pre-booked, you must not turn up to the facility without a booking. A limited telephone booking service will be available Monday to Friday 9am – 12noon and will be for members only.
- Register for online booking using the registration links given at time of sign up.
- You can also download the mobile app by visiting the App Store or Google Play Store and by searching ‘BRS GOLF’
- All players must be entered at the time of booking.
If you are not in a shielding category, and playing on your own or as a pair, you must leave the spare slots free as another FLEXI-Member may wish to join you.
If you are in the shielding category, you must select RESERVED in the Player 2 and/or Player 3 slots.
- Times will become available at 5am and be bookable up to 7 days in advance.
- First tee time will be 7am and last will be 7pm, daily.
- Times may be cancelled up to 24hrs in advance a full and immediate refund will be made.
- Times not cancelled will be charged in full.
- If the course is closed for COVID-19 restrictions or inclement weather, a full and immediate refund will be given.
- Tee Time intervals will be 10 minutes – this MUST be strictly observed.
- There will be a maximum of 3 players per tee time.
Anyone found not to be observing tee time intervals or are playing in groups of greater than 3 players, will be asked to leave the course. No refunds will be offered. No exceptions.
ARRIVAL AND WAITING TO PLAY
- The clubhouse and locker room facilities will remain closed. There will be no access to the toilets or changing facilities, please arrive ready to play.
If you require your equipment from a locker, then call 01292 616255, to make an appointment to collect your equipment. A member of staff will remove the items for you.
- The Pro Shop will be open from 29 June, 1 customer will be permitted in at any one time. Please observe social distancing at all times. There will be markings on the ground to advise customers where to stand when queuing. Please do not linger. An order and collect system is in place for non-essential purchases (Please check with our Professionals for site specific instructions).
- There is no requirement to check in for play, there will be a member of staff on course who will confirm your arrival. If you are not booked in to play, you will be asked to leave.
- Arrival at the facility; Please arrive ready to play no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your tee time. Please remain in your car until 10 minutes prior to your tee time and please do not go to the tee until 5 minutes prior to your tee time.
- Please do not congregate in the carpark with your peers.
- You MUST maintain 2m Social Distancing at all times.
- Pull Trolleys will be available for hire from the Golf Professional.
- There will be no scorecards available.
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser with you, and use this at regular intervals throughout your round.
ON THE COURSE
We are continuing to increase our levels of maintenance on the courses. Whilst most of the areas are now returning to normal, there may be some areas that require a little more time. Please respect this and our staff.
- All rakes will be removed – Bunkers will be brought back into use.
As there are no rakes, please use your foot or club to smooth out the sand for the next player.
- Ball washers will be covered up.
- All Benches and bins will be removed, covered or sign-posted in such a way that players don’t touch them – please be responsible and take your rubbish home with you.
- PLEASE PICK UP YOUR TEES – THESE DAMAGE THE CUTTING BLADES ON THE MOWERS
- All other removable items will be removed, except that stakes defining areas of the course can be treated as immovable obstructions.
Hole and Flagstick
- Flagsticks will be used, please note that flagsticks are not to be touched or removed.
- The hole cup will be inverted making the ball easier to retrieve by hand, please do not use your putter to retrieve your ball as this may damage the hole.
- All Practice Ranges will be opened. Driving Nets will remain closed until further notice. Please respect this and respect the courses by not practicing on them.
- The Practice Putting Green will be open and may be used, the flagpoles will be removed and the cups inverted. Please do not use your putter to retrieve your ball as this may damage the hole.
DURING YOUR ROUND
Social Distancing reminders will be placed throughout the golf course.
- You must maintain social distancing at all times, and remember to keep 2 metres apart at teeing areas due the normal close proximity of golfers to one another when tee shots are being played.
- Only 1 player is permitted on a tee box at any one time.
- You must stay more than 2 metres apart when walking to the ball, searching for a ball and playing shots.
- Do not touch any golf ball other than your own.
- As there are no rakes on the course, bunkers MUST be smoothed with a club and/or your foot.
- You must keep 2 metres apart from your playing partner on the putting greens and not to touch the flagstick. When retrieving the ball please do not use your putter as this may damage the hole.
AFTER YOUR ROUND
Social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round, so when the round is over you must leave the course and the facility immediately so that there are no gatherings around the clubhouse area.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDANCE
Please do not be offended if a member of staff reminds you of any of these measures.
Repeated failure to follow these measures, may result in you being asked to leave the course, a serious breach of these measures may result in the forfeiture of your membership.
The Council reserves the right to temporarily close any course or facility to ensure the safety of its staff and customer at any point.
This document will be reviewed and updated when new guidance or measures are announced by Scottish Golf, or Scottish Government in relation to tackling the COVID-19 virus.